Cat® PAYLOAD technologies give loading tool operators instant feedback that helps them load precisely the right amount of material every time, optimizing production and reducing excessive truck wear and damage. Plus, they enable managers to accurately track hourly and daily production while monitoring material movement in real time.
Cat PAYLOAD technology includes hardware components such as sensors, electronic control modules and displays, plus software that calculates payload weight and related data.
- In-cab displays show bucket and truck load weights, track load counts, material movement, productivity and fuel efficiency.
- Cat PAYLOAD technologies for hauling tools also include payload lamps and external scoreboard displays to indicate load status to the loader operator.
- Available for select Cat Wheel Loaders, Articulated and Off-Highway Trucks, Excavators and Wheel Tractor Scrapers.
What Does It Do For ME?
Cat PAYLOAD technologies provide on-the-go load weighing to help operators hit exact loading targets, every time. The system brings payload weighing into the cab, helping operators work more productively.
Operators can view load weights in real time on the in-cab monitor and know precisely how much material is in the bucket and in the truck, every load. Complete integration with the machine systems and in-cab monitor ensures precision on-board weighing with simple, intuitive control.
- Loading tool and hauler operators can track daily productivity from the cab, with quick access to payload weights, load and cycle counts, and daily totals.
- Eliminate overloading, under-loading and misloading. When operators put the right amount of the right material on every truck, you achieve higher total production and move the right material to the right place the first time.
- Eliminating overloads also reduces hauler wear and tear, which saves service, repair and tire costs while helping to extend hauler service life.
Monitor & Manage Production
- When combined with LINK technologies, managers can track daily production tonnage and truck load counts as well as get quick access to key performance indicators such as tons/hour and tons/fuel burned.
- PAYLOAD also works with LINK technologies to enable managers to see how much and what kinds of materials have been moved to specific locations or in and out of a jobsite or quarry yard.
Comprehensive reporting helps you evaluate the best ways to manage your operations for maximum efficiency, productivity and profitability. Reporting includes:
- Production tonnage by material type, truck ID and operator ID
- Efficiency—tons/gallons of fuel
- Cycle counts, cycles/hour, tons/cycle
How Do I Put PAYLOAD Technologies To Work?
Cat PAYLOAD technologies are available on new Cat equipment from the factory or as dealer-installed options. Some systems are available as retrofits for select Cat loading and hauling equipment.
We can help you choose the right technologies, manage installation if needed and train your people to help you get the best possible return on your investment.